~ My Soul Is In Your Hand ~

"Lord, help me Jesus I've wasted it…so help me Jesus I know what I am. Now that I know that I needed you…so help me Jesus my souls in your hand." One of my all time fav songs…by Jason Crabb. 


He starts by saying…"Why me, Lord…why do I deserve knowing You?" "What did I ever do that was worth loving you for the kindness you've shown?" 

Then…"Try me, Lord…if you think there is ever a way I could repay all I've taken from you." "Maybe Lord I can show someone else what I've been through myself on my way back to you."


These words have ministered to the deepest wounds in my heart for three consecutive years now. 

Help me, Jesus…my soul is in your hand. 

These few words have hit me hard this morning. 

MY SOUL IS IN YOUR HAND!!

My day, my tomorrow, my future is not in anyone else's hand…it is in His and His alone. 

I'm not going to pretend that I've never asked…Why Me? Oh my gosh…I have!! Many times. But every time I do He gently and tenderly brings me right back to His chest. He puts His hand firmly against my head and pushes it tightly into Him. He cradles my heart and holds on to my aching soul hurts. 


He is the soother of my past, the comforter to my present and the guide towards my future.

It is not completely clear to me why things happen to us. It truly is not. I know there are plenty of ways to search God's word and have affirmation towards this…however, there are moments and places in life where even these lack the ability to bring peace in a tumultuous time and season.  I am cradled by a Daddy Father that understands the "turned upside down" times where even His word can't bring clarity to our situations. 

These are the perfect times He just holds us…firmly stands beside us. Whispers into us that He is never going to leave us or forsake us. Thank you, Jesus. 

Are you finding yourself falling quickly down into what seems like a bottomless pit? Despair has set in…creating your life to feel as if it has been atrophied….gradually declining its effectiveness? The vigor you once felt is slowly fading from the lack of neglect and or not being used for so long?

That's where my soul finds itself too. That's why these words echo so loudly in me. Lord, help me Jesus! So help me, Jesus…my soul is in Your Hand. 

She sees herself staggering along the way. Tossing herself back and forth as if she were drunk and done in. Looking down from His place high above her injury…He sees His daughter stumbling about. He doesn't say anything to anybody…He doesn't have to. In a instant…He stands behind her…stabilizing her walk…then to her side places His arm gently around her waist. Softly resting her head on His shoulder…He embraces her. Quickly stabilizing His sweet daughter….they walk. She doesn't have to wonder why she is walking right…she feels her Daddy there. The whispering words are soothing to her soul and her pain is released and placed onto His body in an instant. Her burden is not too heavy…not for Him. Her soul truly is in her Daddy Father's Hand…He walks with her holding it. Her burden is there…yes…but now she knows who holds the weight of it. She is comforted by the scarred hands of the One who took the ultimate pain for her and so…she knows in her "staggering moment times"…She is completely in His Hands. 

Much love as you hold strong to knowing your soul is in His Hands.
Becka

Written with love by Becka Materne May 2015








Comments